DDO Application for Erzebetha

Postby Isabetha » 24 Nov 2012 09:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Legends Application
-------------------

Player Name: Nina
Player Age:47
Player Location:USA

What is your experience of roleplaying games prior to the game you are in?

I spent many years roleplaying on UO free servers with a group of friends. We were into Vampire the Masquerade, so we took the ideas from the rulebooks, applied them to our guild, and had lots of fun within our guild. Before those wondrous years of UO's magic, I dabbled a bit in college in the student dorms with various games, which led me into a brief spate with the SCA. After college in the late nineties, I played various single player games before UO (Ultima 7-8, Arena, Daggerfall, Temple of Elemental Evil, Morrowind, and currently with Dragon Age); I ran for a brief time on Guild Wars with another friend, but never found an RP guild, but we did ok on our own; I landed in Stormreach three years ago, and have been playing there on and off (I did some RP with The Doom Brigade over on Cannith, still friends with the guild's old leader).

How well versed in the Lore of the game(DD0) world do you consider yourself?

I'm about as well versed as can be without a rulebook; I frequently read wiki pages on the mythical background used for DDO, and try to write fan fiction along those lines. I'm no expert, but I ain't no dummy either:)

Character Name: Erzebetha
Character Race:Human
Character Class:Paladin

Tell us a little about your characters early years?

The Chapel of Eternal Vigil, once headed by Dread Sister Isobela, hosts 13 paladin sisters who dedicate their lives in fulfilling the prophecies of The Eight. Stern and cold, the chapel teaches its loyal protectors early on that to question the faith of the Eight is to question life itself; all hangs within the slender balance of the sword, no matter whether the Word of faith be handed down by cleric, paladin, or favored soul.

Erzebetha, baptized in such zealous philosophy, needed little answers for the simple questions that reigned in her heart. She learned by hard example. To be commanded to survive the ordeal of battle in the enemy's home is to be commanded to go forth well equipped to deliver judgment and death without philosophical consternation. The student of Isobela herself, Erzebetha adopted her mistress' fighting style: two hands on the hilt with left high on the choke, and the right (the hand of judgment itself), low by the pommel. To turn was to whirl on one's axis, to move with greatsword and hips as a single unit. Turning required heel planting, and it was most loving when the heel was planted deep in the foe's stance so that turning, bringing the gleaming arc of the law in a sudden resounding crash, was most rewarding. Blood spray was the anointment the Eight afforded its lawful, unquestioning followers, and Erzebetha, shadow of Isobela, was definitely one of those tight lipped sisters who sought her anointment with vigor.

Delivering the law to the unlawful requires fortitude, for as the prophecies of Eight repeat, "there is nothing more worthy than giving your last breath to the prophets eight; thereby, rejoice in Death, do not rebuke its gentle call." And when Isobela, Sister of Eight, died in the depths of a moldy tomb while bringing glory to the order, Ezebetha experienced loss. But that is mere understatement. Erzebetha was nothing without the cold shadow of her chapter sister standing over her. There were no others in the chapel who could match her mistress' prowess. "You were blessed by the Eight to fight by her side, do not look into the sepulcher for your divine sister, for you will not find her there, nor will you find any last lessons written in blood. Stand up, child, right and proper, drive your hate for chaos into the face of the foe. There is no other who can teach you what you already know."

And there was no other to stop her from going alone to meet her sister's call in battle. The enemy must realize its limits, know its downfall, gnash for its sin, and there is no better teacher than paladin angered, paladin pining in dire need for vengeance.

(Note: I realize I'm writing outside the lore of DDO, please forgive me; sometimes the game needs a little help to satisfy my thirst).

What has led to your character to adventure?
As foretold above, Erzebetha fights for the glory of the Eight. And to fight under such a secretive order, one must be willing to never speak of it in public; one must never lower oneself to the seeking of material fortunes lest it be in strict accordance in the diet of the order; one must be willing to give oneself in battle, even unto the Court of the Worm, that dire magistrate who metes out doom to both the glorious, and the ignoble; one must most allow the foe to take advantage of thy company; one must not allow the trusting bodies of the company to suffer death. Many are the perils that await she who wishes mortal perfection, but is that not just? For what would perfection be without its pains? :twisted:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erzebetha Batori, Dark Paladin of the Eight; Valaneska Batori, Mage of Eight, and blood sister to Erzebetha.
Isabetha
Registered

Active Chapter(s): DDO
Main Charachter: Erzebetha Batori

Re: Application for Erzebetha

Postby Thunderfoot » 24 Nov 2012 18:04

*a halfling with a top hat pulled down just a little too far eyes the human up and down*

so youse lookin fer some folk ta team up wiv eh? well ya smells like a bleedin do gooder ta me, and youse a bigjob at that, but if youse can watch where dem clompin feet of yours tread and dont stomp over me den dere are some otha do gooders about yah can team up wiv. heck, da big boss is a bleedin do gooder an we just can't seem ta get 'er ta retire!

dere's bed an board if yah aint got no where ta sleep yet, an a moighty fine airship wot yours truly managed ta acquire fer da guild when i were in charge ta fly yah where ever yah needs ta be. comes well stocked with ale too on accountin of da dorfs needin more ale an normal ta stay walkin when dey is in da air. just dont make a mess of da place or roobs will get all worked up into a fuss, she's a hard workin lass and takes it personally when fings get cluttered. which reminds me, keep yer stuff neat an orderly or she will tidy em away, she means well but i'll be buggered if i can find any fing without having ta ask her after she's organised it.

anyway, me names Thunderfoot, but most just call me Thunder, an don't believe wot dem otha bigjobs tells yah about me and me kin, da Shenanigans is very hard workin folk and just misunderstood is all! not like dem O'Hoolies *spits* scum of da earth dey is.

so, yah gonna stand there all day or you gonna introduce yer self?

((welcome to the forums, we'll try keeping an eye out for you in game. there will be some of us about sunday 8 PM UK time for the guild meet. we hold the meet in /say at the bogwater theatre. sit close though as /say doesnt stretch up to the top seats.

we are a light RP guild, so chat will flow in and out of character depending on the context. we mostly RP for the fun and banter. not sure if that will work for you but there is no harm trying it out :). we are quiet during the main US play time as we are a european guild from way back when there were european servers. some of keep strange hours though.

it's important to us that guild and player are right for each other, so feel free to quiz us as much as you like.))
Thundafoot (halfling rogue), Onefoot (dwarf palemaster), Gulch (half-orc monk), Venric (human paladin), Graunch (dwarf melee multi-class), Grrfump (dwarf barbarian), Sqrat (halfling sorc)
Thunderfoot
Master Artificer
Master Artificer

Active Chapter(s): Dungeons and Dragons Online
Main Charachter: Thundafoot

Postby Isabetha » 24 Nov 2012 18:30

*looks down at her knees, eyes taking in the little chatty fellow; a grim smile warms her face, igniting a warm light in her flat, blue eyes*

"If I make your words, Littlefoot (she cocks a brow, uncertain as to his name; she wasn't really listening when he first approached, mind ever repeating the Chant of Law; she did not have it yet, and was wiling to try again, when the noise began), then you offer me a place to lay my body for my nightly prayers. If this be true, then I thank you. Though I believe the airships to be tainted, they are tainted only lightly with the errors of humanity. I accept your offering, if that's what you speak (she twists her chin, letting her good ear catch the faltering voice of the smallish form). "I do not drink, for drink has been known to spoil the vigil, to cower the soul, soiling both perception and rightful speech. I'll leave such to you.You may call me Erzebetha." She does not extend her hand, brow twisted in suspicion. "And I shall try to tread with your care in mind, this I do foreswear."

OOC:
Thank you for the information. I will keep an eye out for you guys, and in the meantime, warm my sword with the blood of the foe. As for RP, I'm used to all types (believe it or not). I do not truly mind allowing others their right to determine when RP is appropriate and when it is not (been there..done that..wore out the practice and hung it on the pub wall for darts). I look forward to lending my sword to the guild's further glory. *smiles with ironic grace* Oh...and I love little folk...really. No! Really, really. Some of my best friends are little ones *chuckles*.
Erzebetha Batori, Dark Paladin of the Eight; Valaneska Batori, Mage of Eight, and blood sister to Erzebetha.
Isabetha
Registered

Postby Willau Gladeshadow » 25 Nov 2012 13:27

Blessings be,
Please do not encourage Thunda. I will have to start keeping an eye on him again. Welcome to Legends. We have a guild meeting tonight in the Bogwater tavern (at 8pm UK time) and you are very welcome to join us. Please do not be fooled by the Shenanigans they are very friendly people with the exception of Dalkarn unless you happen to be a female elf. They are also the sharpest traders in the city and more than a little aquisitive shall we say. They are also a huge family.. I lost count years ago. Look forward to seeing you in Stormreach.
Safe travels.
Missyann Gladeshadow (Rogue), Alyeanna (Cleric and Badger) Nykodemus (Knicker nicker) Likkledemon (Barb) Milliia (baby sorc) Mynarette ( Mocking bard) Xen (ranger and sister to Nyk and Myn) Yuukio Ichihara (Witch)
Willau Gladeshadow
Legendary-Service
Legendary-Service

Postby Arabellain » 26 Nov 2012 17:13

Welcome to Legends Miss, we look forward to traveling with you. Me and mine are responsible for the more notable entertainment shows here in Stormreach, but I would guess you wouldn't be old enough to attend. No matter we are a friendly crowd of solid adventurers *grinns* some more solid than others!
Arabellain

With help/hinderence from Starabella and Jessinddas and support from Miss Mineshaft 437, blessings from Arellias and liquid refreshment from Brewmyster.
Arabellain
Legend
Legend

Main Charachter: none

Postby Isabetha » 27 Nov 2012 00:48

For your greeting, I thank you.

As for the entertainment, one such as myself does not usually meander through the taverns looking for levity or drink. There are far too many creatures threatening the safety of our shores. Perhaps one day a sun will rise that will allow me to put aside my weapons and engage in frivolity. Such is my plight and my fate.

Yours,
Erzebetha
Isabetha
Registered

Postby Arabellain » 29 Nov 2012 21:54

Taverns??
I dont know what you take us for, we are the quality market players we are!
Our shows are Legendary, tickets are hard to come by even on the black market (or via Thunda).
We bow to the servitude that is your calling and look forward to lightening your load (and purse) with our blessed and varied retinue.
Arabellain

With help/hinderence from Starabella and Jessinddas and support from Miss Mineshaft 437, blessings from Arellias and liquid refreshment from Brewmyster.
Arabellain
Legend
Legend

Main Charachter: none

Postby Isabetha » 01 Dec 2012 00:10

Peace, wag.

I take you for nothing, and that is all I should know; for to know more would, indeed, if I so allow, break my gaze from the true path of my life's journey--to die, mired in blood, dragging my fated killer with me even to the Gray Gates if so needed.

I leave you to your shows, your secretive mummery, your life's fascination---and so you must leave me
to my own course, woolish as it may be.

Yours,

Erzebetha
Mourner of Isobela the Red
Isabetha
Registered

Return to Join Us